QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration – 5M2468.
Mallow College has put together a unique choice of business and office courses with enhanced specialisations.
With the essential skills for employment in a healthcare setting, as a Medical Secretary graduate you will work in administrative and front office roles in either public or private sector medicine. You will have excellent communications skills, handle correspondence, facilitate patients and professionals, arrange and schedule appointments, bill patients and insurance companies, compile medical charts and reports, and order supplies.
Achieve excellent general employment and office skills, a proficiency in the complete range of Microsoft Office applications, and specialise in frontline reception skills, business, bookkeeping, anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology. You will also have the opportunity to recover a problem Leaving Certificate maths grade with an optional Level 5 maths within your timetable.
With your QQI level 5 Business Administration award you can also continue on your progression route to study commerce and other qualifications at CIT and UCC.
Join our excellent graduate employment record and reputation for excellence.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Administration in banking, insurance, solicitors, and travel industries. +
- Clerical work in health services and local authorities. +
- General secretarial and office administration in doctor’s or dental surgeries. +
- Receptionist. +
- Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749) Level 5 QQI.
- Understand the structure and function of the human body and the interrelationship between its systems.
- Medical Terminology (5N2428) Level 5 QQI.
- The range of medical terminology applicable and relevant specifically to a medical receptionist or secretarial role in a medical practice, clinic and or hospital context. On completion the learner will be proficient in analyzing, constructing, recognizing, spelling and pronouncing medical terminology. The learner will be able to use a range of use medical terminology appropriately and professionally within the communication process and systems of healthcare. The learner will also be aware of legislative policies associated with the healthcare services and the sources of information available to the medical secretary.
- Text Production (5N1422) Level 5 QQI.
- Produce a range of documents to a mailable standard, within a minimum speed of 35 words per minute.
- Word Processing (5N1358) Level 5 QQI.
- Use a word processing application to produce documents in a variety of contexts to a mailable and publishable standard whilst working autonomously and under general direction.
- Database Methods (5N0783) Level 5 QQI.
- Create and modify databases under limited supervision.
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Knowledge, skill and competence to create and modify spreadsheets. The subject gives students an in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Excel application and its structure. It provides students with an excellent working knowledge of a number of features, such as graphs, macros, sorting and filtering data as well as in-built financial, statistical and mathematical functions.
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- The administration requirements of a range of organisations to enable the learner to operate effectively under supervision in a variety of administration contexts.
- Bookkeeping – Manual and Computerised (5N1354) Level 5 QQI.
- Produce and maintain accurate bookkeeping records for a range of organisations, using manual and computerised systems.
- Audio Transcription (5N1549) Level 5 QQI.
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills (5N1407) Level 5 QQI.
- Carry out reception related tasks and operations as a front line representative in a range of organisations.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Communicate verbally and non-verbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under general direction.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction. Prepare yourself for industry, prepare your CV (and online LinkedIn profile), practice interview skills, and gain invaluable experience on your own work placement.
- Optional: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Microsoft.
- Optional: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
- Apply a broad range of mathematical skills and tools to a wide variety of contexts, with some theoretical understanding.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Business Administration, Level 5 – 5M2468.
- QQI Minor Award in Mathematics, Level 5 – 5N1833 (optional, offered for learners who may not meet progression requirements to higher education).
- Microsoft Microsoft Office Specialist – MOS.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College in September.
Advance to QQI level 6 at Mallow College. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Business Administration, Business, Business Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Tourism & Marketing. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.