QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration – 5M2468.
Mallow College has put together a unique choice of business and office courses with enhanced specialisations.
With the essential skills for employment in a healthcare setting, as a Medical Secretary graduate you will work in administrative and front office roles in either public or private sector medicine. You will have excellent communications skills, handle correspondence, facilitate patients and professionals, arrange and schedule appointments, bill patients and insurance companies, compile medical charts and reports, and order supplies.
Achieve excellent general employment and office skills, a proficiency in the complete range of Microsoft Office applications, and specialise in frontline reception skills, business, bookkeeping, anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology. You will also have the opportunity to recover a problem Leaving Certificate maths grade with an optional Level 5 maths within your timetable.
With your QQI level 5 Business Administration award you can also continue on your progression route to study commerce and other qualifications at CIT and UCC.
Join our excellent graduate employment record and reputation for excellence.
Courses next start in September. Applications open in January.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Administration in banking, insurance, solicitors, and travel industries. +
- Clerical work in health services and local authorities. +
- General secretarial and office administration in doctor’s or dental surgeries. +
- Receptionist. +
- Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749) Level 5 QQI.
- Medical Terminology (5N2428) Level 5 QQI.
- Text Production (5N1422) Level 5 QQI.
- Word Processing (5N1358) Level 5 QQI.
- Database Methods (5N0783) Level 5 QQI.
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- Bookkeeping – Manual and Computerised (5N1354) Level 5 QQI.
- Audio Transcription (5N1549) Level 5 QQI.
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills (5N1407) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Optional: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Microsoft.
- Optional: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Business Administration, Level 5 – 5M2468.
- QQI Minor Award in Mathematics, Level 5 – 5N1833 (optional, offered for learners who may not meet progression requirements to higher education).
- Microsoft Microsoft Office Specialist – MOS.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Advanced to QQI level 6 at Mallow College. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Business Administration, Business, Business Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Tourism & Marketing. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.