QQI Level 5 Certificate in Health Care Support – 5M4339.
Launch an exciting career in the HSE and private healthcare organisations. Train with our dedicated team of fully qualified nurses in Mallow College’s newly renovated and equipped healthcare unit.
Harness your maturity, previous life and work-experiences to develop new skills, achieve the necessary QQI certification, and be workplace ready as a healthcare assistant on graduation in nine months.
Unlock opportunities for employment. Become a valued member of a personal care team assisting nursing and medical care in a hospital, nursing home, or home help environment.
Change your life to a career that makes a difference.
Courses next start in September. Applications open in January.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Carer. +
- Healthcare assistant. +
- Home help/personal care. +
- Nursing home/day care centre employee. +
- Voluntary care services. +
- Care of the Older Person (5N2706) Level 5 QQI.
- Care Skills (5N2770) Level 5 QQI.
- Care Support (5N0758) Level 5 QQI.
- Infection Control and Prevention (5N3734) Level 5 QQI.
- Occupational First Aid (5N1207) Level 5 QQI.
- Palliative Care Support (5N3769) Level 5 QQI.
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Health Care Support, Level 5 – 5M4339.
- QQI Occupational First Aid Certificate, Level 5 – 5N1207.
- QQI Health Service Skills, Level 5 – 5M3782.
- Patient Handling, Client Moving Certificate – PHCM.
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate – NVCI.
- Elderly Abuse Certificate – EA.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. Two days per week plus block release of two weeks duration. The dates will be specified by the College. Each student is responsible for securing their own work placement.
Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in the Health Sciences, Social Care, and Community Development. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification to progress go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.