Start your hairdressing career at Mallow College.
Experience real salon life working in our two fully-equipped College salons, closely mentored by our team of fully qualified hairdressers who bring years of professional experience to your training.
In your one year course with Mallow College you are trained to QQI level 5.
Add to your portfolio of skills with workshops in barbering, up-styling, and colouring.
Complete your apprenticeship with a further two years on the job training to become a professional hairdresser in a vibrant and exciting industry.
|Award||QQI Level 5 Certificate in Hairdressing – 5M3351.|
|Format||Full-time. September 2022 to May 2023.|
|Location||Onsite at Mallow Campus (online contingency in case of COVID regulations).|
|Timetable||Hours between Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 15:30.|
|Requirements||No CAO required (Leaving Cert./LCA/equivalent for under 23s). Application review discussion.|
|Starting||Classes start the week of Monday the 19th of September 2022.|
|Fees||€300 (SUSI/BTEA €300, Medical Card €250, VTOS €0).|
|Applications||Applications open. Places available. No deposit required to start your application.|
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help and more information.
- Hairdressing Theory & Practice (5N3345) Level 5 QQI.
- The theory and practice of hairdressing and enable the learner to progress to an apprentice position in the hairdressing industry.
- Hairdressing Science (5N3346) Level 5 QQI.
- The science of hairdressing techniques while developing best practice safety and hygienic skills and standards for salons.
- Teamworking (5N1367) Level 5 QQI.
- Teamwork is a fundamental skill in the workplace today. This component explores the role and responsibilities of team members, the impact of effective and ineffective team members and the opportunities and challenges of working within a team. The stages of team development and the impact of team leadership are explored. Students participate in a team based project to practice skills such as negotiation, decision making, conflict resolution and communication skills in a team environment. Students reflect on their own performance to create an awareness of their personal strengths and areas for improvement.
- Customer Service (5N0972) Level 5 QQI.
- Create, implement and organise databases with confidence using a database application.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Communicate verbally and non-verbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under general direction.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction. Prepare yourself for industry, prepare your CV (and online LinkedIn profile), practice interview skills, and gain invaluable experience on your own work placement.
- Workshops: Blowdrying, Upstyling, Barbering and Colouring.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year Full-time. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an application review discussion. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. Each student is responsible for securing their own work placement. Dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Use your full QQI award to progress to Institutes of Technology across Ireland. For detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification to progress go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €300
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.