QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration – 5M2468.
It’s not easy making the decision to come back to education as a mature adult. At Mallow College we’ve been listening, learning, and working with people from all backgrounds and of every age. We are ready to help you overcome your fears and to make sure that further education is going to be a great experience for you – personally and professionally.
You may not remember the last time you did an exam or wrote an assignment, but you bring an enormous amount of life and experience with you to the classroom and to our College community. Mature students quickly rediscover their own confidence, commitment, and learning success.
Launch your comeback with essential business and IT skills for the workforce. Add the complete range of Microsoft Office software as well as communications, work-experience, bookkeeping, payroll, and business administration skills.
Provided in association with F.I.T. (Fast Track to IT), this course has a one-year or two-year option with full QQI Level 5 certification in year two. Course times 9.40 am to 1.05 pm daily.
Courses next start in September. Applications open in January.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Administration in banking, insurance, medical, solicitors and travel industries. +
- Clerical work in health services and local authorities. +
- General secretarial and office administration in local offices. +
- Receptionist. +
- Year 1: Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- Year 1: Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Year 1: PowerPoint Level 5 QQI.
- Year 1: Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Year 1: Word Processing (5N1358) Level 5 QQI.
- Year 1 (Optional): Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Microsoft.
- Year 2: Bookkeeping – Manual and Computerised (5N1354) Level 5 QQI.
- Year 2: Database Methods (5N0783) Level 5 QQI.
- Year 2: Payroll – Manual and Computerised (5N1546) Level 5 QQI.
- Year 2: Text Production (5N1422) Level 5 QQI.
- Year 2: Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
Two years. Part-time. 9.40am to 1.05pm daily..
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Business Administration, Level 5 – 5M2468 (Year 2).
- QQI QQI Minor Awards, Level 5 – Minor.
- Microsoft Microsoft Office Specialist – MOS.
Work experience is an integral part of year two. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Advanced to QQI level 6 at Mallow College. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Business Administration, Business, Business Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Tourism & Marketing. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.