Holistic therapies aim to restore balance to mind, body and spirit and to improve overall health and wellbeing, so enjoy your journey in Mallow College and graduate with a portfolio of qualifications that enable you to work in a holistic environment as a complementary therapist.
On your journey you will master the practical skills and knowledge in a wide range of complementary therapies to help clients restore balance and equilibrium.
Study with a hands-on practical approach at Mallow College – working with a dedicated team of professionals and salon facilities with state-of-the-art industry equipment.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 ITEC.
- Business & Professionalism ITEC.
- Current legislation and working practice requirements and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the industry. Health, safety and hygiene procedures contextualised to the environment in which the learner is working.
- Holistic Massage, Diploma (QAN 100/2404/9) Level 3 ITEC.
- Provide massage treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the massage industry. Skills include: consultation techniques – to include understanding the needs of clients and when and when not to treat them, contraindications, referral procedures explaining possible contra-actions and providing aftercare and home care advice. Holistic massage techniques – to include selecting a suitable massage medium for the client’s skin type, classical massage movements and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs.
- Indian Head Massage (6N3477) Level 6 QQI.
- Massage using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils (Aromatherapy) Award (QAN 600/6662/3) Level 3 ITEC.
- Provide aromatherapy massage using pre-blended oils to the general public to adapt the treatment to suit each client’s specific needs, and to gain employment in the complementary therapy industry.
- Nutrition (5N2006) Level 5 QQI.
- Understand the nutritional composition of food and the effects of food and nutrition on a persons health and well-being. It also assists the learner to develop the academic and vocational language related to nutrition.
- On-site Massage (6N3478) Level 6 QQI.
- Demonstrate a range of massage treatments efficiently and effectively to the standard required, taking full responsibility and operating autonomously. The learner should also be able to evaluate and engage in self-reflection.
- Stone Therapy Massage, Diploma (QAN 100/5213/6) Level 3 ITEC.
- Provide a stone therapy massage – to include the use of techniques and stones such as classical massage movements, trigger point work, semi-precious, hot and cold stones and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific treatment needs.
- Reflexology, Diploma (QAN 100/2402/5) Level 3 ITEC.
- This qualification is for learners who want to work within the complementary therapies industry. The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Reflexology is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide reflexology treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the complementary therapies industry. The learner will also develop knowledge about legislation and working practices related to the treatment and client care and communication which are essential to work and be successful in the industry.
- Thermal Auricular Therapy (Ear Candling) Award (QAN 601/1854/4) Level 2 ITEC.
- Provide thermal auricular (ear candling) treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the beauty and spa and complementary therapy industry.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Communicate verbally and non-verbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under general direction.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction. Prepare yourself for industry, prepare your CV (and online LinkedIn profile), practice interview skills, and gain invaluable experience on your own work placement.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Indian Head Massage, Level 6 – 6N3477.
- QQI On Site Massage, Level 6 – 6N3478.
- QQI Work Experience, Level 5 – 5N1356.
- QQI Communications, Level 5 – 5N0690.
- QQI Nutrition, Level 5 – 5N2006.
- ITEC Diploma in Reflexology, Level 3 – QAN 100/2402/5.
- ITEC Award in Massage using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils, Level 3 – QAN 600/6662/3.
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage, Level 3 – QAN 100/2404/9.
- ITEC Diploma in Stone Therapy Massage, Level 3 – QAN 100/5213/6.
- ITEC Award in Provide Thermal Auricular Therapy, Level 2 – QAN 601/1854/4.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College in September.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €890
- Medical Card Holders: €640
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €690
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €690
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €30
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- €30 other costs.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.