QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration – 5M2468.
Now available in Mallow College of Further Education and Charleville Centre for Further Education and Training.
You’re ready to work in general clerical and office administration with a business administration award from Mallow College. Achieve excellent general employment and office skills, a proficiency in the complete range of Microsoft Office applications, and specialise in frontline reception skills, business, bookkeeping and payroll.
Whether you are just moving on from school or are returning to work as a mature student you’re getting instantly employable essential office administration skills.
With a business administration award you can also continue on your progression route to study commerce and other qualifications at CIT and UCC. At Mallow College we’ve put together a unique choice of courses including the opportunity to recover a problem Leaving Certificate maths grade with an optional Level 5 maths within your timetable.
You’re going to be ready and confident for that job interview.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Administration in banking, insurance, medical, solicitors and travel industries. +
- Clerical work in health services and local authorities. +
- General secretarial and office administration in local offices. +
- Receptionist. +
- Text Production (5N1422) Level 5 QQI.
- Produce a range of documents to a mailable standard, within a minimum speed of 35 words per minute.
- Word Processing (5N1358) Level 5 QQI.
- Use a word processing application to produce documents in a variety of contexts to a mailable and publishable standard whilst working autonomously and under general direction.
- Database Methods (5N0783) Level 5 QQI.
- Create and modify databases under limited supervision.
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Knowledge, skill and competence to create and modify spreadsheets. The subject gives students an in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Excel application and its structure. It provides students with an excellent working knowledge of a number of features, such as graphs, macros, sorting and filtering data as well as in-built financial, statistical and mathematical functions.
- Digital Presentations (5N0563) Level 5 QQI.
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- The administration requirements of a range of organisations to enable the learner to operate effectively under supervision in a variety of administration contexts.
- Bookkeeping – Manual and Computerised (5N1354) Level 5 QQI.
- Produce and maintain accurate bookkeeping records for a range of organisations, using manual and computerised systems.
- Payroll – Manual and Computerised (5N1546) Level 5 QQI.
- Operate and maintain accurate payroll records using manual and computerised systems, for an organisation, working under general direction and supervision.
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills (5N1407) Level 5 QQI.
- Carry out reception related tasks and operations as a front line representative in a range of organisations.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Communicate verbally and non-verbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under general direction.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction. Prepare yourself for industry, prepare your CV (and online LinkedIn profile), practice interview skills, and gain invaluable experience on your own work placement.
- Optional: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
- Apply a broad range of mathematical skills and tools to a wide variety of contexts, with some theoretical understanding.
- Optional: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Microsoft.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Business Administration, Level 5 – 5M2468.
- QQI Minor Award in Mathematics, Level 5 – 5N1833 (optional, offered for learners who may not meet progression requirements to higher education).
- Microsoft Microsoft Office Specialist – MOS.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College in September.
Advance to QQI level 6 at Mallow College. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Business Administration, Business, Business Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Tourism & Marketing. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.