QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Studies – 5M2102.
Study for a recognised qualification leading to a career in commercial, industrial and public sector organisations and in the offices of practicing accountants. Whether you are just moving on from school or are returning to work as a mature student you’re getting instantly employable essential accounts and payroll skills. With a Business Studies award you can also continue on your progression route to study commerce and other qualifications at CIT and UCC. At Mallow College we’ve put together a unique choice of courses including the opportunity to recover a problem Leaving Certificate maths grade with an optional Level 5 maths component within your timetable. You’re going to be ready and confident for that job interview.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help and more information.
- Accounts supervisor.
- Assistant accountant.
- Payroll administrator.
- Audit assistant.
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Develop knowledge, skill and competence to create and modify spreadsheets. This subject gives students an in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Excel application and its structure. It provides students with an excellent working knowledge of a number of features, such as graphs, macros, sorting and filtering data as well as in-built financial, statistical and mathematical functions.
- Accounting Manual & Computerised (5N1348) Level 5 QQI.
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- Examine the administration requirements of a range of organisations to enable the learner to operate effectively under supervision in a variety of administration contexts.
- Customer Service (5N0972) Level 5 QQI.
- Payroll manual & computerised (5N1546) Level 5 QQI.
- Operate and maintain accurate payroll records using manual and computerised systems, for an organisation, working under general direction and supervision.
- Bookkeeping manual & computerised (5N1354) Level 5 QQI.
- Produce and maintain accurate bookkeeping records for a range of organisations, using manual and computerised systems.
- Database Methods (5N0783) Level 5 QQI.
- Create, implement and organise databases with confidence using a database application.
- Word Processing (5N1358) Level 5 QQI.
- Use a word processing application to produce documents in a variety of contexts to a mailable and publishable standard whilst working autonomously and under general direction.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Communicate verbally and non-verbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under general direction.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction. Prepare yourself for industry, prepare your CV (and online LinkedIn profile), practice interview skills, and gain invaluable experience on your own work placement.
- Optional: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
- Apply a broad range of mathematical skills and tools to a wide variety of contexts, with some theoretical understanding.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work Experience is an integral part of the course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College in September.
Advance to QQI level 6 at Mallow College. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Business Administration, Business, Business Information Systems, Information Systems Management. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification to progress go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €950
- Medical Card Holders: €700
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €750
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €750
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €255
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- €255 other costs.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.