QQI Level 6 Craft – Carpentry and Joinery – 6M18174.
A report commissioned by the Construction Federation of Ireland has identified that the Irish Construction Industry is set to grow by 9% annually and will require 30,800 carpenters and joiners by 2020. Meet the needs of this industry with an apprenticeship in Carpentry and Joinery.
Look for apprenticeship opportunities on www.apprentices.ie and begin your apprenticeship with an employer that is registered to train apprentices. Attend Mallow College of Further Education for an 11 week block during phase 4 of your apprenticeship and again for another 10 week block during phase 6.
On successful completion of all 7 phases of your apprenticeship, you graduate with a QQI internationally recognised advanced certificate.
To get an apprenticeship in Carpentry and Joinery, first obtain employment as an apprentice in your chosen occupation with a SOLAS approved employer. Your employer then registers you with SOLAS within two weeks of recruitment.
More information from citizensinformation.ie.
For further information about becoming, or employing an apprentice, please go to: Solas.ie.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- On completion of your apprenticeship you will be a fully qualified and internationally recognised craftsperson in carpentry and joinery. +
- Progress your career to one of site manager, contract manager, or clerk of works. +
- Use your apprenticeship qualification as a platform to launch careers as engineers, managers, owners of businesses, teachers and instructors. +
- Phase 4: Module 1 – Site Works Level 4.
- Phase 4: Module 2 – Roofs Level 4.
- Phase 4: Module 3 – Joinery Level 4.
- Phase 6: Module 1 – Roofs Level 6.
- Drawing and construction of unequally pitched roofs with related theory for dormers, trusses, purlins and aesthetics.
- Phase 6: Module 2 – Joinery Level 6.
- Phase 6: Module 3 – Site setting out and levelling Level 6.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
11 Weeks + 10 Weeks. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- You must be at least 16 to apply. Achieve at least Grade D in five subjects at Junior Certificate or equivalent or successfully complete an approved pre-apprenticeship course or have completed three years work experience in a relevant designated industrial activity as SOLAS will deem acceptable since you were 16 years old.
Apprentices complete phases 1, 3, 5, and 7 with a registered employer.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €275
- Medical Card Holders: €25
- €25 Registration per term.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.