ATI Member of Accounting Technicians Ireland.
In association with the Accounting Technicians Ireland, study for a professional qualification leading to a career in commercial, industrial and public sector organisations and in the offices of practicing accountants.
Accounting Technicians Ireland has over 10,000 members and students and provides an internationally recognised qualification with a reputation for the highest educational and technical standards.
After two years at Mallow College followed by two years of work experience, you become a member of Accounting Technicians Ireland with excellent career prospects.
Alternatively graduates can progress directly into year three of accountancy degrees or into other professional accountancy certification programmes. Having completed Accounting Technician exams, you are exempt from three out of five of the Chartered Accountants Ireland year 1 exams. About 40% of CPA Ireland students come directly from an Accounting Technician background – exempt from all subjects at Formation 1, and Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Taxation at Formation 2. Putting you very close to achieving a career as a qualified Certified Public Accountant.
Additional modules of Spreadsheets and Work Experience are also offered in Year 1 to benefit students and to enhance their career prospects.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help and more information.
- Accounts supervisor. +
- Assistant accountant. +
- Audit assistant. +
- Cost assistant. +
- Credit controller. +
- Executive officer. +
- Payroll administrator. +
- Year 1: Financial Accounting ATI.
- Year 1: Taxation ATI.
- Year 1: Business Management ATI.
- Year 1: Law and Ethics ATI.
- Year 1: Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Knowledge, skill and competence to create and modify spreadsheets. The subject gives students an in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Excel application and its structure. It provides students with an excellent working knowledge of a number of features, such as graphs, macros, sorting and filtering data as well as in-built financial, statistical and mathematical functions.
- Year 1: Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Communicate verbally and non-verbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under general direction.
- Year 2: Advanced Financial Accounting ATI.
- Year 2: Advanced Taxation ATI.
- Year 2: Integrated Accounting Systems ATI.
- Year 2: Management Accounting ATI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
Two years. Four days a week. Class timetables to follow in September, and subject to change. See calendar for term holidays.
- CAO points not required.
- A minimum of five passes in the Leaving Certificate (Ordinary Level); to include English and Mathematics or Accounting.
- Applications are taken for both first and second year students (applications seeking an exemption from year 1 must have successfully completed ATI level 1 or an approved equivalent qualification).
- For mature candidates, who have reached 21 years of age (by the 1st of January of the year of which they wish to commence the course) and who do not possess the minimum educational requirements may still apply for the course as recognition of prior learning and experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA) students must have achieved an overall distinction with a pass in English and a distinction in Mathematics.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
Year 1: Two week block work placement.
Year 2: One day a week work placement.
These work placements will count towards the Accounting Technicians Ireland specifications.
Graduates become MATI members that can join Professional Accountancy bodies and seek exemptions based on their results. Graduates can apply for admission to Year 3 of Accounting degrees in CIT (CR400), LIT (A7221) and beyond. See mallowcollege.ie/progressions for further information.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €820
- Medical Card Holders: €620
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €620
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €620
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €170
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- €170 other costs.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.