QQI Level 5 Film and Television Production – 5M5158.
Over the last decade the Irish TV and film industry has gone from strength to strength, internationally recognised and awarded for its creativity, authenticity and quality. Today the media industry is a significant national employer.
For the YouTube generation new technologies, multimedia, and online video have opened up a whole new world of opportunities for creative expression and enterprise.
Train with Mallow College in digital movie and sound processing, editing and production; and get yourself in the frame.
Applications for Video & Media are now closed for 2017/18.
Contact us at email@example.com to discuss alternative options.
- Film set lighting. +
- Film/video camera work. +
- Film/video editing. +
- Local & national radio. +
- Local TV. +
- Music journalism. +
- Music promotion. +
- Sound engineering (live event/studio). +
- Video journalism. +
- Digital Movie Processing (5N1605) Level 5 QQI.
- Film Production (5N0637) Level 5 QQI.
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794) Level 5 QQI.
- Sound Engineering and Production (5N1900) Level 5 QQI.
- Television and Film Editing (5N0540) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Elective: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
- Elective: Music Technology (5N1640) Level 5 QQI.
- Elective: Music Theory and Practice (5N1849) Level 5 QQI.
- Elective: Radio Programme Production (5N1379) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Advance to Mallow College’s QQI level 6 in Media Production or to degrees in Multimedia at CIT, Film & Screen Media at UCC, TV, Radio & New Media Broadcasting at IT Tralee, and Creative Multimedia at LIT. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.