QQI Level 5 Certificate in Tourism with Business – 5M5011.
The future looks very bright for Irish tourism: 2016 saw a 10% increase on overseas visitors to Ireland with almost 9.6 million people in total visiting from abroad.
With tourism, you are mapping out a career in a growing industry with a unique qualification combining essential administration and office computing with specific tourism industry expertise.
Graduate with the essential skillset for any office environment with components in spreadsheets, database, word processing, accounting, and business administration skills. Study tourism principles, practice, information and administration, web-publishing, and frontline reception skills.
Be a front-line representative. Work independently or as part of a team. Open opportunities across a range of industry roles in tourism information, travel booking, event and hospitality. Or follow progression paths to a wide range of degrees at third level colleges across Ireland.
Discover and explore your true potential with Mallow College.
Applications for Tourism with Business are now closed for 2017/18.
Contact us at email@example.com to discuss alternative options.
- Administrator. +
- Airports and airline industry. +
- Customer service agent. +
- Marketing. +
- Receptionist. +
- Secretary. +
- Tour guide. +
- Tour operator. +
- Travel agent. +
- Tourism Information and Administration (5N0636) Level 5 QQI.
- Tourism Principles and Practice (5N2078) Level 5 QQI.
- Database Methods (5N0783) Level 5 QQI.
- Word Processing (5N1358) Level 5 QQI.
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Accounting Manual and Computerised (5N1348) Level 5 QQI.
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills (5N1407) Level 5 QQI.
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- Web Authoring (5N1910) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Optional: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
- Optional: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Microsoft.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Tourism with Business, Level 5 – 5M5011.
- QQI Minor Award in Mathematics, Level 5 – 5N1833 (optional, offered for learners who may not meet progression requirements to higher education).
- Microsoft Microsoft Office Specialist – MOS.
Work experience in a veterinary practice is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.