QQI Level 5 Certificate in Sports, Recreation and Exercise – 5M5146.
Push your fitness training to the next level with a full QQI award in Sports, Recreation and Exercise with ITEC qualifications in Sports Massage and Gym Instruction.
Know how the body works best and study practical techniques for treating and preventing sports injuries.
Further your career opportunities with our International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC) certified award – the internationally recognised standard in sports learning and examinations.
Progress to Mallow College’s Advanced Certificate in Sports, Recreation & Injury Therapy and Personal Training.
Share your love of sports and fitness in an active career.
- Health clubs. +
- Health studios. +
- Hotels. +
- Salons. +
- Self-employment as sports injury therapists. +
- Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749) Level 5 QQI.
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology related to Sports Massage Level 3 ITEC.
- Body Massage and Figure Analysis (5N3465) Level 5 QQI.
- Exercise and Fitness (5N2668) Level 5 QQI.
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-based exercise), Certificate (QAN 500/9459/2) Level 2 ITEC.
- Nutrition (5N2006) Level 5 QQI.
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794) Level 5 QQI.
- Sports and Recreation Studies (5N2667) Level 5 QQI.
- Sports Massage Therapy (including pre and post event massage), Diploma (QAN 100/2592/3) Level 3 ITEC.
- Taping and Strapping for Sport and Active Leisure, Award (QAN 600/1882/3) Level 3 ITEC.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Sports, Recreation and Exercise, Level 5 – 5M5146.
- ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy, Level 3 – QAN 601/5574/7.
- ITEC Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-based exercise), Level 2 – QAN 500/9459/2.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Clinical and field work is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in PE, Recreation & Leisure, Health & Exercise Science, Strength & Conditioning, Sports Coaching & Development. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification to progress go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
- Excluding €100 gym membership + €30 materials.
Email us at email@example.com.