QQI Level 5 Certificate in Sound Production – 5M2149.
Follow your passions and plug into a career in sound – whatever your previous experience in music or musicianship.
Study the music industry; learn on the latest kit and sound production software (including digital audio workstations Pro Tools, Reaper, and Reason) in our dedicated recording studio; and unleash your creative side.
Explore opportunities in music, sound engineering, music promotion, professional DJing, and radio broadcasting.
“Without music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Local & national radio. +
- Music journalism. +
- Music promotion. +
- Sound engineering (live event/studio). +
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Desktop Multimedia Audio Production (5N2148) Level 5 QQI.
- Digital Movie Processing (5N1605) Level 5 QQI.
- Electronics – Digital (5N1774) Level 5 QQI.
- Music Technology (5N1640) Level 5 QQI.
- Music Theory and Practice (5N1849) Level 5 QQI.
- Radio Programme Production (5N1379) Level 5 QQI.
- Sound Engineering and Production (5N1900) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Elective: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
- Elective: Media Analysis (5N1298) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- No CAO points required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Advance to QQI level 6 Media Production at Mallow College and to degrees in TV, Radio & New Media Broadcasting at ITT, and Music Technology at ITT and LIT. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification to progress go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
€50 deposit + €200 Government PLC Contribution + €50 QQI Fees + €200 Registration = €500.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.