QQI Level 5 Certificate in Security Studies – 5M2110.
Become PSA licensed under the Private Security Services Act 2004 – and work immediately in the security industry as either door supervisor (licensed premises) and security guard (static).
With Mallow College’s QQI certified academic qualification, including security and criminology, open a path to progression to institutes of technology across Ireland.
Security classes in Mallow College add to their academic work with team-building exercises and events, self-defence training, practical work experience, and have a valued tradition as a part of the team during College public events and open days.
Think about a future in a wide range of security services – strengthen your application for airport police, the defence Forces, emergency and security services or in An Garda Síochána.
- Airport police. +
- Defence forces. +
- Fire services. +
- Prison services. +
- Private security industry. +
- Security systems and procedures. +
- Security Industry Procedures (5N1785) Level 5 QQI.
- Legal Practice and Procedures (5N1394) Level 5 QQI.
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794) Level 5 QQI.
- Occupational First Aid (5N1207) Level 5 QQI.
- Conflict Resolution (5N0692) Level 5 QQI.
- Door Security Procedures (4N1114) Level 5 QQI.
- Guarding Skills (4N1118) Level 5 QQI.
- Criminology (5N2107) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Security Studies, Level 5 – 5M2110.
- QQI Occupational First Aid Certificate, Level 5 – 5N1207.
- PSA Private Security Authority (PSA) License – PSA.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Use your full QQI award to advance your career in security and progress to Mallow College’s advanced certificate in Security Operations & Management. Alternatively, apply through the CAO for degrees in Institutes of Technology across Ireland. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.