QQI Level 5 Certificate in Nursing Studies – 5M4349.
Achieve your career goal in nursing. Train with our dedicated team of fully qualified nurses in Mallow College’s newly renovated and equipped healthcare unit.
Prepare and develop the academic and practical skills necessary for your progression to your third level nursing or midwifery degree. Join Mallow College’s excellent record in career coaching preparing our students to progress on via CAO and UCAS to universities in Ireland and UK, and across Europe.
Graduate Mallow College as a fully qualified healthcare assistant, with work-experience, ready to work in any healthcare setting with essential certification in occupational first aid, patient handling and client moving.
Become the healthcare professional you want to be.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Carer. +
- Healthcare assistant. +
- Home help/personal care. +
- Nursing home/day care centre employee. +
- Special needs assistant. +
- Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749) Level 5 QQI.
- Care of the Older Person (5N2706) Level 5 QQI.
- Care Skills (5N2770) Level 5 QQI.
- Care Support (5N0758) Level 5 QQI.
- Human Growth and Development (5N1279) Level 5 QQI.
- Infection Control and Prevention (5N3734) Level 5 QQI.
- Nursing Theory and Practice (5N4325) Level 5 QQI.
- Nutrition (5N2006) Level 5 QQI.
- Occupational First Aid (5N1207) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Optional: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- No CAO points required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Nursing Studies, Level 5 – 5M4349.
- QQI Minor Award in Mathematics, Level 5 – 5N1833 (optional, offered for learners who may not meet progression requirements to higher education).
- QQI Occupational First Aid Certificate, Level 5 – 5N1207.
- Patient Handling, Client Moving Certificate – PHCM.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. Students must complete one day per week placement along with block release of two weeks duration. The dates will be specified by the College. Each student is responsible for securing their own work placement.
Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in General, Children’s, Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Nursing in Ireland and the UK. Advance to degrees in Midwifery, Social Care, Arts, and Health Sciences. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification to progress go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
€50 deposit + €200 Government PLC Contribution + €50 QQI Fees + €200 Registration = €500.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.