QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Media Production – 6M5130.
The world of media is changing dramatically. Video and audio are a bigger part of our lives than they’ve ever been – across a multitude of technologies and platforms. And yet despite all the new technologies we’re also still in love with radio: a medium with the power to connect and communicate still unlike any other.
“You know, I do music. If you look under the hood of the industry I’m in, it’s all based on technology. From radio to phonographs to CDs, it’s all technology. Microphones, reel-to-reels, cameras, editing, chips, it’s all technology.” – will.i.am
Enrich your level 5 media and sound portfolio and explore advanced sound and video production techniques and get into the world of radio broadcasting.
Applications for Media Production, Advanced Certificate are now closed for 2017/18.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative options.
- Film set lighting. +
- Film/video camera work. +
- Film/video editing. +
- Local TV. +
- Music journalism. +
- Music promotion. +
- Professional DJ. +
- Radio broadcasting. +
- Radio engineer. +
- Radio presenter. +
- Sound engineering (live event/studio). +
- Film and Digital Video Production (6N5428) Level 6 QQI.
- Media Ethics and Legal Framework (6N5453) Level 6 QQI.
- Media Industry Awareness (6N5505) Level 6 QQI.
- Radio Techniques (6N5455) Level 6 QQI.
- Sound Engineering and Music Technology (6N5456) Level 6 QQI.
- Studio and Location Sound Production (6N4981) Level 6 QQI.
- Communications (6N1950) Level 6 QQI.
- Work Experience (6N1946) Level 6 QQI.
- Elective: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
- Elective: Media Analysis (5N1298) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- For entry to Level 6 a full QQI Level 5 Award in a complementary area is required.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Use your full QQI level 5 and level 6 awards to progress to year one or year two of Multimedia degrees in CIT and similar degrees across Ireland. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.