Advance your knowledge and skills of social care work with this advanced certificate in health and social science.
Provide professional care to vulnerable groups in our society, the marginalised and disadvantaged, and for those with special needs.
Empower your clients to reach their full potential with dignity in a truly person-centred approach.
Broaden your skills base and deepen your understanding of mental health issues, disability, special needs assisting and health promotion.
Add to your CV with valuable work experience. Develop yourself personally and professionally; or use your confidence to progress on to third level.
- Community and youth work projects. +
- Community childcare opportunities. +
- Intellectual disability services. +
- Social care assistant (after further study). +
- Voluntary organisations. +
- Disability Awareness (6N1975) Level 6 QQI.
- Rehabilitation Practice (6N2196) Level 6 QQI.
- Person Centred Planning (6N2206) Level 6 QQI.
- Personal and Professional Development Level 6 QQI.
- Communications (6N1950) Level 6 QQI.
- Mental Health Awareness (6N2209) Level 6 QQI.
- Health Promotion (6N2214) Level 6 QQI.
- Special Needs Assisting (6N1957) Level 6 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- For entry to Level 6 a full QQI Level 5 Award in a complementary area is required.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.