QQI Level 5 Certificate in Hairdressing – 5M3351.
Start your hairdressing career at Mallow College.
Experience real salon life working in our two fully-equipped College salons, closely mentored by our team of fully qualified hairdressers who bring years of professional experience to your training.
In your two year course with Mallow College you are trained to QQI level 5, and with Junior and Senior Trades Certificates which, on completion of your apprenticeship, qualify you to become a hairdressing teacher.
Add to your portfolio of skills with workshops in barbering, up-styling, and colouring.
Complete your apprenticeship with a further two years on the job training to become a professional hairdresser in a vibrant and exciting industry.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help and more information.
- Hairdressing Practice (5N3345) Level 5 QQI.
- Hairdressing Theory (5N3345) Level 5 QQI.
- Hairdressing Science (5N3346) Level 5 QQI.
- Teamworking (5N1367) Level 5 QQI.
- Customer Service (5N0972) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Workshops: Blowdrying, Upstyling, Barbering and Colouring.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
Two years. Full-time.
- No CAO points required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. Each student is responsible for securing their own work placement. Dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Use your full QQI award to progress to Institutes of Technology across Ireland. For detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification to progress go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
Year 1: €50 deposit + €200 Government PLC Contribution + €50 QQI Fees + €200 Registration = €500. Year 2: €50 deposit + €200 Government PLC Contribution + €40 QQI Fees + €100 Dept. of Education + €200 Registration = €590.
Email us at email@example.com.