QQI Level 5 Certificate in Food Science – 5M5267.
Plant the seeds for a future career in one of applied science’s most interesting and topical fields of study. We are what we eat. Food science is at heart of who we are. Agri-business is central to the Irish economy and Ireland’s biggest employer – with nearly a quarter of a million people in Ireland, directly or indirectly, employed in the food industry with an annual turnover of €26 billion.
As a food scientist you will use your science expertise in applied biology and chemistry to examine the basic elements of food; analyse its nutritional content, discover new foods, and research techniques for healthy and safe food production.
Open progression opportunities to level 8 science degrees in UCC and CIT. Join the growing workforce in Ireland’s internationally acclaimed food industry.
- Graduates can apply for suitable positions within the agri-food industry. +
- Use this qualification to launch your own business. +
- Microbiology (5N0737) Level 5 QQI.
- Food Chemistry (5N2748) Level 5 QQI.
- Food Processing (5N5245) Level 5 QQI.
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794) Level 5 QQI.
- Nutrition (5N2006) Level 5 QQI.
- Biology (5N2746) Level 5 QQI.
- Food Safety and HACCP
Food Safety and HACCP
Food Safety and HACCP
Food Safety and HACCP (5N5266) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.