QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education – 6M2007.
Bring your special needs training to another level. Develop your understanding of special needs and abilities and advance your career in the growing childcare industry with Mallow College level 6.
Achieve a wider range of employment and promotion opportunities with advanced responsibilities. Use your QQI level 5 and 6 awards to progress directly into year two of early childhood degrees in in CIT and across Ireland.
Develop your training and professional confidence to work as part of a childcare team. Mentored by experienced childcare professionals, gain ongoing practical experience of childcare alongside the academic knowledge of special needs theory and practice.
You are ready to professionally support and encourage children of all needs and abilities.
- Crèche leader. +
- Nursery supervisor. +
- Playgroup leader. +
- Pre-school leader. +
- Special needs assistant. +
- Child Development (5N1764) Level 5 QQI.
- Early Childhood Curriculum (6N1944) Level 6 QQI.
- Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies (6N1945) Level 6 QQI.
- Supervision in Early Childhood Care (6N1973) Level 6 QQI.
- Equality and Diversity in Childcare (6N1974) Level 6 QQI.
- Special Needs Assisting (6N1957) Level 6 QQI.
- Communications (6N1950) Level 6 QQI.
- Work Experience (6N1946) Level 6 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- For entry to Level 6 a full QQI Level 5 Award in a complementary area is required.
- QQI Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education, Level 6 – 6M2007.
- Manual Handling Certificate – MHC.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Students spend three days a week in the classroom environment and two days out in practical placement. There are also block placements throughout the year. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Use your full QQI level 5 and 6 awards to go directly into year 2 of Early Childhood Education degrees. Progress to year 1 of Social Care, Community Development, and Arts. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.