QQI Level 5 Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education – 5M2009.
Achieve the competence to work in a professional childcare team. Mentored by experienced childcare professionals, gain ongoing practical experience of childcare alongside the academic knowledge of child development theory and practice.
Work placement is an integral part of the course. Learn your craft as part of a working professional team. Experience different childcare settings. Find your own role in the childcare profession.
Start with a solid basis to progress to an advanced certificate in QQI at Mallow College or straight to degree level with UCC, CIT and elsewhere. Join our excellent graduate success rate and gain immediate employment in the growing childcare industry.
- Childminder. +
- Crèche assistant. +
- Nursery assistant. +
- Playschool assistant. +
- Special needs assistant. +
- Child Development (5N1764) Level 5 QQI.
- Child Health and Well Being (5N1765) Level 5 QQI.
- Creative Arts for Early Childhood (5N1769) Level 5 QQI.
- Early Care and Education Practice (5N1770) Level 5 QQI.
- Early Childhood Education and Play (5N1773) Level 5 QQI.
- Irish for Pre-school Services (5N2005) Level 5 QQI.
- Understanding Special Needs (5N1709) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education, Level 5 – 5M2009.
- First Aid Certificate – FA.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. Students spend four days a week in College and one day a week on practical work placement. There are also block placements throughout the year. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Advanced to QQI level 6 in Early Childhood Care at Mallow College. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Early Childhood Education, Social Care, Community Development, and Arts. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.