Graduate with a portfolio of qualifications that enable you to work as a complementary therapist. Holistic therapies aim to restore balance to mind, body and spirit and to improve overall health and wellbeing.
As a massage and holistic therapist you will master the practical skills and knowledge to help clients restore balance and potential.
Study with a hands-on practical approach at Mallow College – working with a dedicated team of professionals and salon facilities with state-of-the-art industry equipment.
- Anatomy and Physiology, Diploma (QAN 100/2412/8) Level 3 ITEC.
- Business & Professionalism ITEC.
- Holistic Massage, Diploma (QAN 100/2404/9) Level 3 ITEC.
- Indian Head Massage (6N3477) Level 6 QQI.
- Massage using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils (Aromatherapy) Award (QAN 600/6662/3) Level 3 ITEC.
- Nutrition (5N2006) Level 5 QQI.
- On-site Massage (6N3478) Level 6 QQI.
- Stone Therapy Massage, Diploma (QAN 100/5213/6) Level 3 ITEC.
- Reflexology, Diploma (QAN 100/2402/5) Level 3 ITEC.
- Thermal Auricular Therapy (Ear Candling) Award (QAN 601/1854/4) Level 2 ITEC.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Indian Head Massage, Level 6 – 6N3477.
- QQI On Site Massage, Level 6 – 6N3478.
- QQI Communications, Level 5 – 5N0690.
- QQI Nutrition, Level 5 – 5N2006.
- QQI Work Experience, Level 5 – 5N1356.
- ITEC Award in Massage using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils, Level 3 – QAN 600/6662/3.
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage, Level 3 – QAN 100/2404/9.
- ITEC Diploma in Reflexology, Level 3 – QAN 100/2402/5.
- ITEC Award in Provide Thermal Auricular Therapy, Level 2 – QAN 601/1854/4.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €860
- Medical Card Holders: €610
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €660
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €660
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
- Excluding €30 materials.
Email us at email@example.com.