QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Studies – 5M2102.
This is your introduction to the world of business – whether you are just moving on from school or are returning to work as a mature student. Start with new saleable essential office skills.
Achieving a business studies award you will be ready to work with excellent general employment and office skills, be proficient in the range of Microsoft Office applications, and specialise in digital marketing, business, bookkeeping and payroll.
With a business studies award you can also continue on your progression route to study commerce and other qualifications at CIT and UCC.
At Mallow College we’ve put together a unique choice of courses including the opportunity to recover a problem Leaving Certificate maths grade with an optional Level 5 maths within your timetable.
Enhance your business CV with Mallow College.
Applications for Business Studies are now closed for 2017/18.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative options.
- Accounting Manual and Computerised (5N1348) Level 5 QQI.
- Applied Economics (5N1350) Level 5 QQI.
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- Marketing Practice (5N1400) Level 5 QQI.
- Digital Marketing (5N1364) Level 5 QQI.
- Word Processing (5N1358) Level 5 QQI.
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Business Law (5N2091) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Optional: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
- Optional: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Microsoft.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Advanced to QQI level 6 at Mallow College. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Business Administration, Business, Business Information Systems, Commerce, Politics & Public Administration, Tourism & Marketing. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.