QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration – 5M2468.
You’re ready to work in general clerical and office administration with a business administration award from Mallow College. Achieve excellent general employment and office skills, a proficiency in the complete range of Microsoft Office applications, and specialise in frontline reception skills, business, bookkeeping and payroll.
Whether you are just moving on from school or are returning to work as a mature student you’re getting instantly employable essential office administration skills.
With a business administration award you can also continue on your progression route to study commerce and other qualifications at CIT and UCC. At Mallow College we’ve put together a unique choice of courses including the opportunity to recover a problem Leaving Certificate maths grade with an optional Level 5 maths within your timetable.
You’re going to be ready and confident for that job interview.
Contact us at email@example.com for help and more information.
- Administration in banking, insurance, medical, solicitors and travel industries. +
- Clerical work in health services and local authorities. +
- General secretarial and office administration in local offices. +
- Receptionist. +
- Text Production (5N1422) Level 5 QQI.
- Word Processing (5N1358) Level 5 QQI.
- Database Methods (5N0783) Level 5 QQI.
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) Level 5 QQI.
- Digital Presentations (5N0563) Level 5 QQI.
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- Bookkeeping – Manual and Computerised (5N1354) Level 5 QQI.
- Payroll – Manual and Computerised (5N1546) Level 5 QQI.
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills (5N1407) Level 5 QQI.
- Audio Transcription (5N1549) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Optional: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
- Optional: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Microsoft.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Business Administration, Level 5 – 5M2468.
- QQI Minor Award in Mathematics, Level 5 – 5N1833 (optional, offered for learners who may not meet progression requirements to higher education).
- Microsoft Microsoft Office Specialist – MOS.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Advanced to QQI level 6 at Mallow College. Use your full QQI award to progress to degrees in Business Administration, Business, Business Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Tourism & Marketing. For more links and detailed information on how to use your Mallow College qualification go to mallowcollege.ie/progressions.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.