QQI Level 5 Certificate in Beauty Therapy – 5M3471.
Experience the buzz of working in Mallow College’s own salon. Train as a QQI and ITEC internationally recognised professional in facials, eye treatments, body treatments, manicure/pedicure, waxing, make up, body and facial electrics, body massage and more, using the best professional products and equipment.
Train in a highly motivated environment, with a committed and dedicated team in an intensive programme designed to deliver the highest standards expected by the beauty industry. Successful learners are qualified in the exciting and glamorous world of the beauty industry and open a world of progression opportunities in more advanced qualifications in Mallow College and around the world.
If you’re looking for the right first step in beauty therapy, you’ve found it.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help and more information.
- Beauty salons. +
- Cruise liners. +
- Department-store beauty counter. +
- Health spas. +
- Hotel leisure centres. +
- Pharmacies. +
- Retail sales/sales representative. +
- Training and sales. +
- Tutoring. +
- Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749) Level 5 QQI.
- Body Electrics (5N3469) Level 5 QQI.
- Body Massage and Figure Analysis (5N3465) Level 5 QQI.
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Facial Electrics (5N3468) Level 5 QQI.
- Manicure, Pedicure and Waxing (5N3467) Level 5 QQI.
- Skin Care, Eye Treatments and Make-Up (5N3466) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Extra: Professional Guest Lecturers.
- Extra: Specialist Training Workshops.
- Optional: Advanced Waxing.
- Optional: Spray Tanning.
- Optional: 3 Week Manicure.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- QQI Certificate in Beauty Therapy, Level 5 – 5M3471.
- ITEC Diploma in Body Treatments, Level 3 – QAN 100/2571/6.
- ITEC Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments, Level 3 – QAN 100/2588/1.
- ITEC Diploma for Beauty Specialists, Level 2 – QAN 100/1914/5.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. Each student is responsible for securing their own work placement. Dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Graduates can progress to the Advanced Certificate in Beauty Therapy QQI level 6 at Mallow College and to third level programmes in Institutes of Technology across Ireland including degrees in Spa & Wellness Management at AIT, Health & Leisure with Massage at ITT, and Health Promotion at WIT. See mallowcollege.ie/progressions for further information.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €720
- Medical Card Holders: €470
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €520
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €520
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
- Excluding additional costs for textbooks, uniforms, student kits, extra courses, etc. to be incurred during the year.
Email us at email@example.com.