QQI Level 5 Certificate in Applied Social Studies – 5M2181.
Launch your career in social care or social work.
Identify issues affecting your own life and that of your community and society. Study psychology and how to apply the theory to real life situations. Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for active and positive participation in the complex, diverse and rapidly changing society we live in. Develop an awareness for how to best support and respond to the needs of people with intellectual difficulties.
Develop your professional competency by learning about law and how to promote safety and health in a working environment.
Applied Social Studies at Mallow College will equip you with knowledge, confidence and ability to advance to degrees in social care, social work and in youth and community work.
Graduate with the competence to work effectively in a variety of community/social care settings and with the ability to relate to people of all ages regardless of their needs.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help and more information.
- Community and youth work projects. +
- Community childcare opportunities. +
- Intellectual disability services. +
- Social care assistant (after further study). +
- Voluntary organisations. +
- Applied Psychology (5N0754) Level 5 QQI.
- Human Growth and Development (5N1279) Level 5 QQI.
- Intellectual Disability Studies (5N1652) Level 5 QQI.
- Intercultural Studies (5N0765) Level 5 QQI.
- Legal Practice and Procedures (5N1394) Level 5 QQI.
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794) Level 5 QQI.
- Social Studies (5N1370) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- No CAO points required.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- QQI Certificate in Applied Social Studies, Level 5 – 5M2181.
- QQI Occupational First Aid Certificate, Level 5 – 5N1207.
This course requires participants to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
Work experience is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Graduates can progress to Social Care and Community Development in CIT, to Arts, Applied Psychology, Social Work, Youth & Community and Criminology in UCC, to Social Care in IT Tralee, to Psychology & Sociology in UL, to Social Science, Psychology and Social Care in WIT. See mallowcollege.ie/progressions for further information.
€50 deposit + €200 Government PLC Contribution + €50 QQI Fees + €200 Registration = €500.
Email us at email@example.com.