QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Animal Science – 6M5153.
Take your knowledge and skill of working with companion animals to the next level with this QQI level 6 advanced certificate. Develop the competence to run your own grooming parlour or boarding kennel with advanced components in animal grooming, grooming science and kennel and cattery management. Improve your skills working with dogs in the theory and practice of obedience and training. Explore the role of companion animals in our society; the care, husbandry and management of domestic and captive animals; and study the legislative requirements in the animal trade. Enhance your scientific knowledge with animal science.
Practical sessions to reinforce theory take place in the grooming room and laboratory on campus.As graduate you are ready to be a valuable member of staff at a rescue centre, veterinary clinic, veterinary laboratory, grooming parlour or boarding kennel.
Applications for Animal Science, Advanced Certificate are now closed for 2017/18.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative options.
- Animal Grooming (6N6226) Level 6 QQI.
- Animal Science and Health (6N5565) Level 6 QQI.
- Animal Trading (6N5566) Level 6 QQI.
- Canine Obedience and Training (6N6228) Level 6 QQI.
- Grooming Science (6N6227) Level 6 QQI.
- Kennel and Cattery Management (6N5585) Level 6 QQI.
- Communications (6N1950) Level 6 QQI.
- Work Practice (6N1947) Level 6 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- CAO points not required.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- For entry to Level 6 a full QQI Level 5 Award in a complementary area is required.
Forty days work experience in an integral part to this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Graduates can progress on a competitive basis to degrees in Veterinary Nursing in Dundalk, Athlone, Dublin and Letterkenny. Graduates can also progress to Wildlife Biology and Veterinary Biosciences at IT Tralee and Science degrees in Institutes of Technology across Ireland. See mallowcollege.ie/progressions for further information.
A full QQI award achieves a maximum of 390 points for CAO.
- Full Fees (EU/EEA Citizens): €500
- Medical Card Holders: €250
- Student Grant Recipients (SUSI): €300
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA): €300
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS): €0
- €50 Deposit (refundable) per year.
- Retain Social Welfare benefits. Additional weekly allowances for meals, travel and childcare are also available.
Email us at email@example.com.