QQI Level 5 Certificate in Animal Care – 5M2768.
Work with your love of animals and start a new career in the animal care industry.
Become an expert in grooming companion animals – studying in our designated animal grooming facility. Study to support vets and veterinary nurses in a veterinary practice with components in veterinary assisting skills, animal welfare, safety and health at work, and customer service.
Deepen your understanding of companion animals with components in biology and animal anatomy and physiology. Develop your expertise in our animal science lab.
Use your qualification to progress on to veterinary nursing and science degrees.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help and more information.
- Animal Anatomy and Physiology (5N0750) Level 5 QQI.
- Animal Grooming (5N0752) Level 5 QQI.
- Animal Welfare (5N0753) Level 5 QQI.
- Biology (5N2746) Level 5 QQI.
- Customer Service (5N0972) Level 5 QQI.
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794) Level 5 QQI.
- Veterinary Assisting Skills (5N1363) Level 5 QQI.
- Communications (5N0690) Level 5 QQI.
- Work Experience (5N1356) Level 5 QQI.
- Optional: Mathematics (5N1833) Level 5 QQI.
Courses are continually developed – content and specific award components are subject to change. See disclaimer.
One year. Full-time.
- No CAO points required.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature applicants appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- QQI Certificate in Animal Care, Level 5 – 5M2768.
- QQI Minor Award in Mathematics, Level 5 – 5N1833 (optional, offered for learners who may not meet progression requirements to higher education).
Work experience in a veterinary practice is an integral part of this course. The dates and duration will be specified by the College.
Advanced to Mallow College’s Advanced Certificate in Animal Science and on a competitive basis to degrees in Veterinary Nursing in Dundalk, Athlone, Dublin and Letterkenny. Graduates can also progress to Wildlife Biology and Veterinary Biosciences at IT Tralee and Science degrees in Institutes of Technology across Ireland. See mallowcollege.ie/progressions for further information.
€50 deposit + €200 Government PLC Contribution + €50 QQI Fees + €200 Registration = €500.
Email us at email@example.com.